The Fetherbay Files (Uncensored)

The fascinating life of an everyday family! We are as abnormal as any other. Enjoy a piece of our lives!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Murder By Music

Maybe I am getting old and un-cool. But I really don't think that is the case. I was just talking to on of my best friends and we were discussing Rap Music that is at the top of the radio charts today and comparing the lyrics of the late 80's / early 90's when we were listening to Rap Music.

I guess the best way to explain is to share a few versus of a #1 Song then and now and you decide.


Below are lyrics to :

Young Jeezy's "Then What"
A Chart Topper all Summer Long This 2006. With Multi-Platinum Sales
Explanations in red if you aint hip like dad here :-)


First I'm gone stack my flo' (Count His Drug Money)
And then what
Then I'm gone stack some mo'
and then what
Close shop then I do my count
Hide the rest of the yams at my auntie house (Hide his Cocaine at a relatives home)
And then what
Get Fresh and jump in one of dem cars (yeah)
Hit the club and get one of dem broads
And then what
It's a wrap we on the way to the house
by 345 I be kickin' her out (After sex, He throws the Women out of his home)



Patty cake patty cake microwave (cooking powder cocaine into crack using a microwave oven)
These suckas make a square damn I'm paid (drug sales are lucrative for him)
I'm so cool but I'm so hot
I'm I'm so fly and you you're so not
Show me what you're workin' wit just like that (asking a girl to show her ass to him)
Turn around bend over bring it back (self explanatory)
I tried to tell 'em but these niggaz ain't hearin' me
Mossberg Pump ridin' shotgun literally (informing us that he rides around with a pump shotgun in his car)


Now lets go back to 1989 and Look at a summer chart topper of that year and compare lyrics.


KRS One, MC Lyte and Chuck D - "Self Destruction"
Also Multi-Platinum sales and a chart topper
I don't think you'll need translations on this one

KRS-One
Well, today's topic, self destruction
It really ain't the rap audience that's buggin
It's one or two suckas, ignorant brothers
Trying to rob and steal from one another
You get caught in the mid
So to crush the stereotype here's what we did
We got ourselves together so that you could unite and fight for what's right Not negative
Cause the way we live is positive We don't kill our relatives

MC Lyte
Funky Fresh dressed to impress ready to party
Money in your pocket, dying to move your body
To get inside you paid the whole ten dollars
Scotch taped with a razor blade taped to your collar
Leave the guns and the crack and the knives alone
MC Lyte's on the microphone
Bum rushin and crushin, snatchin and taxin
I cram to understand why brother's don't be maxin
There's only one disco, they'll close one more
You ain't guarding the door so what you got a gun for?
Do you rob the rich and give to the poor?

Chuck D & Flavor Flav of Public Enemy
Yes we urge to merge we live for the love of our people the hope that they get along
(Yeah, so we did a song)
Getting the point to our brothers and sisters Who don't know the time
(boyyyee, so we wrote a rhyme)
It's dead in your head, you know, I'll drive to build And collect ourselves with intellect
Come on To revolve to evolve to self respect
Cause we got to keep ourselves in check Or else it's...

Self Destruction, ya headed for Self Destruction
Self Destruction, ya headed for Self Destruction



Can you now understand why we feel like Hip Hop has been hijacked by thugs who promote crime, violence, murder and want to rape our daughters and throw them in the street in the middle of the night after they are finished using them as a device for their drug induced sexual pleasure?

I can post the lyrics of song after song after song............................ From then and now and you'll see the same contrast. The music industry, radio stations, and our own FCC supports this garbage and slowly feeds it to our children. Our children are slowly being brainwashed into thinking that selling drugs, going to titty bars, carrying guns, and sexually assaulting women is cool. It is all over the radio and TV. Our daughters are being taught to be whores and sex objects for thugs. And there is nothing that we can do to stop it...it is a cancer that has grown around us as a society and it's influence is killing the next generation.

When I was growing up we didn't have private corporations building prisons for profit and renting the cells to government. There was no shortage of prison bed space then. Maybe that is because we could whip our kids. Teachers could paddle them if they were unruly and the music and t.v. weren't telling them to be criminals.

Government has told us we can't discipline them in ways that have been around since the beginning of mankind. We now go to jail if we spank our kids. Our kids go to jail cause we couldn't spank them. We can't spank them but the FCC allows them to be brainwashed into criminals over the public airwaves that we pay for and then they kill them on death row or put them in prison and tell us it costs $100,00.00 (One Hundred Thousand Dollars) a year to house them in a 6X10 room. The national average spent is $70,000.00 (Seventy Thousand) per prisoner, per year.

I know families of 4 and more who live on half that yearly in 3 bedroom homes. It appears to me we are being pissed on and told it's rain. How do we stop this madness. We are being charged $70,000.00 per year, per prisoner. Come on .... Lets get real!!

The U.S. prison population, already the largest in the world, grew by 1.9 percent in 2005, leaving federal jails at 40 percent over capacity. Inmates in federal, state, local and other prisons totaled nearly 2.3 million at the end of last year, the government said. The 1.9 percent increase was lower than the average annual growth rate of 3.2 percent during the last decade.

That Means we pay an average of $161,000,000,000 (one hundred sixty one billion dollars) a year to house our criminals. I hope I did the math right!!! That doesn't include the money we spend on public defenders in millions of cases per year.

I believe that if the airwaves were filled with the lyrical content of the 60's 70's 80's and even the 90's we could possibly empty out enough prisons to free up enough money for proper healthcare coverage for our citizens.....

... Oh but our pharmaceutical companies are probably loving what is on the air today.

I have been in broadcasting for 18 years now and embarrassed and ashamed at what radio has become. I can't watch videos or listen to Top 40 radio with my kids as it is embarrassing to them and me. I wonder if George Bush has even listened to a top 40 station lately? Probably never has in the 6 years he has drained our surplus budget into a multi trillion dollar deficit.

GOD SAVE US!!!

I know this post is all over the road and I am frustrated. So I'll end it now and try to get some sleep!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'Lil Brother....you were not all over the road...but all over the topic. I feel it GF...the whole culture is starting to unravel...we are a culture of commerce targeting the lowest common denominator. case in point...."Dumb People" video clips that I saw yesterday...

    Hold them close to you pal...raise Cain...do whatever it takes to save our children. I know I do and they all think I need to "get with it"....but it's the "IT" part that kids don't...and some shithead, crackhead, give a fuck parents (??)that allow this behavior and media avalanche to happen. We should set up a coalition of like minded folks and start boycotting SONY, WARNER, INTERSCOPE..et al...

    Nothing would have happened in the 60's if action wasn't taken by the collective conciousness of those who were being fucked...Black Folks...

    God save us all, indeed.

    love,

    TAGG

     

Post a Comment

<< Home